Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 5, 2010

ARRRG!


We just finished up one of my favorite times of the year, when we indulge in a distant past- the Renaissance!  There are man-powered rides to ride, turkey legs to eat, jousts to cheer on, ye old shoppe's to browse, everyone who works there is in character, and the best part - you get to dress up and play along!  Whether a noble, a fairytale character, or a villain, there's a part for everyone.  This year my little villains went as, well,  villains... of the Pirate variety!  Yo Ho, Yo Ho!  I decided last year at the Ren Fest (dressed as a fairy with my little fairy girls) that we would be pirates this year.  I had every intention of Intelligent Man and me going dressed as pirates too, I just ran out of time to make our get-up.  Still a little bummed.  How awesome would that have been?  A whole pirate family with a little squawking parrot!  
This year the girl pirates and their boy parrot
won 3rd place in the costume contest! 


My Pirates

My Parrot

      
Posing with the contest judges

3rd place medal
So if you want to give 3 cheers at the TX Renaissance Festival, here's how:

Hip, Hip, Huzzah
Hip, Hip, Huzzah
Hip, Hip, Huzzah!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment